Informative Engaging Memorable
Nancy is a born educator with considerable “in the trenches” health care leadership and management experience to draw upon. She provides practical solutions to solving problems. Her style is one that punctuates information with stories and humor that makes even the most complicated subjects interesting and entertaining at the same time. She holds the attention of the audience and invites participation. She really impressed our team!
Rebecca Culver Clark, PhD, RN Sr Director,
Nursing Research and Evidence-based Practice.
Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Nancy is available to speak to your organization whether it be a lay audience or a team of health professionals who are seeking information on the changing world of healthcare and how to be the “best they can be” while experiencing major organizational change due to healthcare reform and increasing demands on providers of care. She has spoken in many forums and will work with you to shape and target the presentation and discussion to meet your specific needs and expectations.
Topics for Consumers
Are you planning an event where you would like a health care expert to be a keynote speaker, panel participant or master of ceremony? Do you want to bring your audience up to speed and have a meeting where everyone will go away with new information and be refreshed at the same time with tips they can use after the meeting? Nancy can work with your directly or source an expert speaker who would be the right match for your program. Examples of topics can be shaped to your audience.
- Understanding Health Care Reform and Your Role as an Informed Consumer in a Changing World
- How to Get Value for your Health Care Spending
- How To Get the Most Out of Your Primary Care Office Visit ~ Building a Partnership with Your Health Team
- Body Listening ~ Knowing How to Read the Signs and Symptoms of Illness and Take Action
- The Hard Work Involved in Attaining a Balanced Life~ Can We Simplify and How?
- Caring for Aging Parents~ Beyond Sandwich to a Full Course Meal-How to Cope Effectively
- Making Smart Health Care Decisions ~ Your Life May Depend on It
- The ABC’s of How to Avoid Chronic Illness~ Attitude, Becoming you own advocate, and Collaboration
- How to Stay Safe in Unsafe Places ~ Successfully Managing Your Hospital Stay
Topics for Professional Audiences
One of the most challenging aspects of health care reform is the impact it is having on the provider and health care leadership communities. As health care providers, we are both delivering and consuming care. Innovation, flexibility and strategic as well as operational partnerships will be key in the process of managing the many changes ahead. Playing a key role in improving services and delivering value for those we care for will become paramount and measureable to those who are receiving services and to those who are paying for the care. We need to be prepared and energized to meet the challenges. Nancy can work with your directly or source an expert speaker who would be the right match for your program. Examples of topics can be shaped to your audience
- The Future of Primary Care and the Role of the Consumer in Making Smart Choices
- Integration of Innovation and Evidence Based Practice in Action~ How to Hardwire Excellence
- Innovation at the Bedside ~ How Staff on the Frontlines are Changing Healthcare
- The Life and Death of Intra and Inter Professional Communication~ Words and Actions Matter
- The Role of Nurses and Interdisciplinary Teams in Health Care Reform
- From Staff Nurse to CEO ~ Lessons Learned by Those at the Top
- How HealthCare Reform is Changing the Roles of Health Care Providers for the Good
- Managing Organizational Change During Dramatic Times ~ The Turnaround of Health Care Needed to Deliver Services in a New Era
- Career Launch ~ What Every Graduate Needs to Know to Survive and Thrive in a New Era of Health Care Delivery
Now that you are interested in having Nancy speak to your organization, please provide the information below and someone will contact you promptly with additional information .