Health experts at the U.I.C. College of Nursing discuss the effects of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and whether a person can recover from it. This program was recorded on May 25, 2016 at Chicago Access Network Television (CAN TV).
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and Whether a Person Can Recover From It – Part 1
- Be Empowered… Is your provider culturally competent?
- School Nursing-The Unique Challenges of Being a School Nurse-A Professional Choice that Pays Lifelong Dividends
- Bullying in Schools-What School Nurses Do to Prevent and Intervene~ Lessons Learned for Parents to Use
- The Case for School Nurses~ Staying Healthy and Safe in School-A National Imperative for Students, Parents and Communities.
- The Prescription Drug Epidemic from the perspective of parent, school nurse and community activist.
- The Nurse Practitioner Will See You Now~ Getting Primary Care Where You Shop
- Beyond the Drug Store~ What do Riverbanks, Medicine Cabinets, Toilets and City Streets Have in Common?
- Building the Family Circle with an Autistic Child-Learning to Live with Autism: Keeping the Whole Family in Focus and Taking Care of Everyone’s Needs
- Making Hospitals Healthier~ The Social Responsibility of Health Care Institutions to Reduce Costly and Harmful Waste.
- Waking Up to the Realities of Autism Spectrum Disorder~ Learning to Live with Autism: Moving Past the Diagnosis and Parenting with a Purpose
- Bones at Their Best: Maintaining Good Bone Health
- Staying Fit after 50~ Tips for Guys and Gals
- The Nurse Practitioner Will See You Now~ Primary Care in the Future
- Press Release
- Awareness is Not Enough~ Learning to Live with Autism: Getting to Acceptance
- Passionate about compassion~ How I Found My “Home in Nursing” Working with Children with Autism
- How Not to Let Care Giving Take a Toll on Your Health
- Genetic Testing ~ What it Means to You and Your Health
- Tales from the Hearth: Nurse…Family… Mom~ Who’s on First? The Dilemma of Achieving and Maintaining Life and Role Balance in Caring for a Child with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Know Thyself . The Difference Between Health, Wellness, and Being “Average”
- Don’t Let Glaucoma Steal Your Sight
- Looking for Answers: What will genetic testing tell me about my child’s autism? The role of genetic testing and implications of test results for families of children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
- Genetic Testing for Autism: Hot or Not? What will genetic testing tell me about my child’s autism?
- “No one knows how to take care of my child!” Preparing Health Care Providers to Triage and Treat Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- “It’s as if he is adrift and I am his anchor.” The Role of Parents and Family Care Givers in Life-long care for autism spectrum disorders (ASD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders: Is this an Epidemic?
- Eating Your Way to “Aging-in-Place”- The Vital Impact of Nutrition on Maintaining Your Health as You Age.
- Time Matters: Chronobiology and Cancer Treatment – The Science of Getting Prevention, Treatment, and Recovery in Synch
- Time Matters: Respecting Grandfather Time-Sleep, Biological Rhythms and the Elderly
- Time Matters: The Graveyard Shift – How to Work Shifts Successfully Before You Are 6’ Under
- Time Matters: It’s All About Timing~ Biological Rhythms, Sleep and Applications to Human Health
- Overcoming the Power Differential–Joining Your Team of Health Care Providers~ How to Get the Most out of Your Visit
- Don’t Be a Statistic: Fall Prevention in Aging Adults
- In Her Memory”~ Creating the Casey Anderson Feldman Foundation to Raise Awareness About the Dangers of Distracted Driving
- Sleep Texting: The health consequences of a new phenomenon among young adults that contributes to sleep deprivation
- Am I “Admitted or Not Admitted” from the Emergency Room? ~ Use of “Observation Status” versus Being Admitted as an Inpatient in an Acute Care Health Care Setting.
- “Our Beautiful Daughter was Killed”~ How to Support Grieving Parents and Families when the Unthinkable Happens
- Driving to Distraction: Risks Associated with High School Students Who are Texting While Driving
- Clinical Pharmacology Guidelines: What are they? How are they used by clinicians, insurers ? and What do consumers need to know?
- Preventing and Managing Vision Loss: What Boomers Need to Know
- The Nuts and Bolts of Locating and Paying for a Personal Patient Advocate-The “What”, “When”, “Where” and “How” of Procuring Patient Advocacy Services
- Redesigning Healthcare Delivery: Hospitals Were Never Meant to be Destinations of Choice
- The Fascinating World of a Nurse Ethicist–A Career Choice that Improves Programs for People
- Preventing Healthcare-associated Infections
- Real People as Professors~ Turning the Tables in Educating Tomorrow’s Nurses
- The Affordable Care Act–Will it Really Make Health Care Affordable? Access
- Reinventing the Wheel-Gadgets, Tools and Information to Take Better Care of Yourself
- Tales of a Family Caregiver ~ Choosing a Primary Care Provider (PCP) Tailored Made to Navigate Anticipated Problems with Care Giving at Home
- Tales of a Family Caregiver ~ Dealing with the Many Faces of Dementia
- Tales of a Family Caregiver ~ Maintaining Relationships When the Filters are Gone
- Getting Value in Patient Advocacy Services – How Can Consumers Be Wise in Finding the Right Health Care Advocate who will indeed Advocate for Your Specific Needs?
- Tales of a Family Caregiver~ Insights from the Trenches as to When to Laugh and When to Cry
- To Pee or Not to Pee
- To Move or Not to Move-The Health Benefits of Physical Activity
- Catching Your Breath-Living with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Pain and Palliative Care Nursing- A Professional Journey of a Life Well Lived
- Getting to the “Heart” of Health Care Costs–Heart Failure and Medicare Costs
- Heart Rhythm–What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You~ Atrial Fibrillation
- Overcoming Adversity: A Nurse’s Journey of Resilience, Resolve and Rewards
- Short or Tall? The Amazing Story of How Your Child Grows and the Role of Parents in Overseeing the Linear Growth Assessment of Children
- Parent Alert: What you Need to Know about Diabetes in Children-And Factors that can get in the way of Recognizing these Symptoms
- Making Medicine More Scientific: Applied Health Economics and Outcomes Research–What Consumers will Need to Know to Make Future Care and Purchasing Decisions
- Oral Anticoagulants in Atrial Fibrillation: How to Weigh in on Which Drug May Work Best for You
- The Affordable Care Act–Will it Really Make Health Care Affordable? Cost
- Got Heart Disease? Eat Without Salt? Are You Crazy?
- Stepping Out of The Boundaries: The Story of Betty Long’s Journey to Becoming a Nurse Entrepreneur
- The Affordable Care Act–Will it Really Make Health Care Affordable? Health Insurance
- Taking the Mystery Out of Palliative Care
- Planning Life with the End in Mind-ADVANCED CARE PLANNNG
- Patient Engagement-A Marriage Between “What the Doctor Ordered” and Your Healthy Choices
- Stay Safe in a Hospital: Tips on Patient Safety, Engagement and Empowerment Regarding Medication Safety and Avoiding Falls
- The Role of Information in Improving Care Delivery
- Nursing Leadership in Action: Establishing a Community for Cancer Patients in Philadelphia, PA
- Why Hospital Based Quality and Safety Programs are Essential to Your Health
- 7% and Growing-Men in Nursing~ The Image Today and the Opportunity Tomorrow
- Choosing Quality and Safety as a Career Passion-The Journey of a Nurse Epidemiologist. Meet Denise Murphy
- Making the Most of Your Visit to Your Primary Care Provider
- Profiles in Courage: The Clark and Anita Natali Journey to Recovery from Oral Cancer~ An Invitation to Others to Share Stories of Hope and Healing
- From Caring Spouse to Health Care Advocate-A Personal Journey of Recovery and Giving Back to Society~ The Anita McGinn Natali Story
- The Oral Cancer Foundation-A Lifesaver for Patients, Families and Friends
- Moral Courage: Antidote to Moral Distress-A Guide for Health Care Professionals
- The Artistry of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery-Applying Skills and Talent to Real People: The Clark Natali Story
- A Consumer’s Guide to Moral Courage: An Essential Ingredient for Patient Safety and Quality Care
- Talking Sense About Head and Neck Cancer-What you Need to Know
- Plastic Surgery-Not Just Another Pretty Face
- Adopting the Role of Spouse Caretaker-Anita Natali’s Story
- Advocacy in Action: Establishing HEAL (Holisitic Enrichment of Adult Living) -Companion Care and Patient Advocacy Services. Bryn Mawr, PA
- Ultimate Change Management-a Personal Journey of Living with Oral Cancer- Clark Natali’s Story
- The Patient Centered Medical Home, Transforming Delivery of Primary Care
- In Sickness and In Health-A Couple’s Journey Living with Cancer- Clark and Anita Natali’s Story
- The Advent of the Medical Home-What is It and How Will It Improve Primary Care?
- Effectively Communicating with Family Caregivers-Patient and Family Centered Care at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Consumer Alert: Everything About Health Information is on the Internet–Or Is It?
- The Affordable Care Act and Transitions in Care-The Main Line Health Experience in Changing the Focus in Care Delivery
- Hey Doc, Give Me a Little Credit-Patient Engagement in Health Education from the Patient’s Point of View
- Advancing Patient Advocacy : Recollections of Philadelphia Nurse Mavericks Who Made A Difference
- Tort Reform-What Price for Justice?
- Emancipation Proclamation: How Patients and Families Can Take Leadership for their Care within a Hospital Setting and Beyond
- Staying Safe in Unsafe Places-How to Protect Yourself or Loved One in a Health Care Setting
- Identifying Healthcare Organizations Dedicated to Patient and Family Centered Care
- Guide to Health Care Language
- Caregiver’s Checklist
- Know Your Numbers
- Best Practices in Self Care
- Hospital to Home
- Talking with Care Providers
- Clinical Research
- Finance and Health Care Reform
- Population Health
- Quality and Safety
- Leaders in Action
- Caregiver’s Corner
- Navigating the Health System
- Palliative and End of Life Care
- Health Promotion and Prevention
- Affairs of the Heart-The Health Benefits of Physical Exercise
- Planning for Your Estate and Your Life~ Combining Financial and Advanced Care Planning in Meeting Your Security Goals
Dr. Rita K. Adeniran is the President and CEO of Innovative and Inclusive Global Solutions (IIGS), a consulting firm that specializes in helping healthcare organizations leverage the total capacity of their workforce for enhanced productivity and optimal patient outcomes. Dr. Adeniran served at Penn Medicine for 14+ holding several leadership roles, including, the Director for Diversity and Inclusion of the University of Pennsylvania Health System where she provided strategic leadership and direction for diversity, inclusion, and culturally competent care. She is a faculty in the Department of Family & Community Health at the School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania
Tine Hansen-Turton, MGA, JD
CEO, National Nursing Centers Consortium
Erin Johnson MPH, MSN, RN
Assistant Clinical Professor
College of Nursing & Health Professions
Andrew M. Peterson, PharmD, PhD
John Wyeth Dean
Mayes College of Healthcare Business and Policy
University of the Sciences
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Robert A. Naseef, Ph.D.
Erin Johnson MPH, MSN, RN
Assistant Clinical Professor
College of Nursing & Health Professions